We cover all of London and also travel further afield to represent clients in both the near and far counties and clients at special hospitals, such as Broadmoor and Rampton.
Mental illness affects a vast amount of people and we are strong believers in representing the most vulnerable, providing a comprehensive, friendly service as we do so.
We are committed to upholding and asserting the rights of those subject to the Mental Health Act and represent clients who seek their discharge from detention or who no longer wish to be subject to the provisions of the Mental Health Act.
Our firm has an immense amount of experience of representing clients at both Mental Health Review Tribunals and Managers’ Hearings, assisting in post-discharge care advice with our Community Care Team and bringing High Court actions for Judicial Review cases. We will also challenge any unlawful detention in hospitals.
If you require representation at a Mental Health Tribunal you will be eligible for legal representation irrespective of your financial circumstances. This means the costs involved in your case will be paid by the Legal Aid Agency and you will not be asked to pay any costs. If we are helping you with any other matter including a Managers’ hearing, you may qualify for advice under the Legal Help Scheme. The Legal Aid Agency will pay us a fixed fee for your case depending on the stage at which your matter is concluded. We may also be able to obtain extensions to carry out further work. The Legal Help Form will cover advising you and preparing your case.
Mental Health & Mental Capacity Law Services
- Representation of Patients detained in the High Security Hospitals
- Representation of Patients before the Mental Health Tribunal
- Attendance, Advice and Assistance at Mental Health Act Managers Hearing
- Advice and Assistance to relatives and carers of detained patient
- Court of Protection proceedings
- Advice and Assistance on Deprivation of Liberty Issues
- Judicial Review, Advice and Assistance with appeals to the Upper Tribunal (Mental Health)
- Advice and Assistance of After Care Services for Mental Health Patients
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Deputyship applications